So on Sunday I normally cook a meal that we can eat on all day. So this weekend I made 15 bean soup. It was something I had never made before but it was so good to try. Plus it was so easy and I know we will be doing it again. So if you are looking for something your family can eat on for a few days this soup is perfect.
15 Bean Soup in Instant Pot
What you need
- 1 bag of 15 bean soup
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 can of diced tomato
- 1/2 large onion and 1 tsp of garlic (more if you love onion)
- 1 ham hock or sausage
- 8 cups of water
How to make
- First, rinse off your beans to make sure they are clean.
- Next place them in the Instant Pot, plus add in your water, ham hock and onion
- Cook on bean mode, then once done open up the valve then open your Instant Pot
- Next add in your can of tomatoes, chili powder and the seasoning package that comes in the 15 bean soup package.
- Now put the lid back on and cook for 10 more minutes and then once done, turn off the Instant Pot and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Next, sit down and enjoy your soup.