Baby Red Potatoes are delicious when they are perfectly cooked and roasted in the Instant Pot, combined with Rosemary and a tiny butter they are a wonderful addition to any main meal.
To achieve crispy potatoes in the Instant Pot, you will need to brown them first, then cook them until they are done. You’ll also want to make sure you piece them right before you pressure cook them to help keep the skins intact (without splitting).. Don’t add too much liquid – you just want to have enough to steam them without boiling them in the pot.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 lbs baby red or fingerling potatoes (just enough to cover the base)
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 C. vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Add the butter to the Instant Pot and push the saute feature.
- Once the pot has heated up, add the garlic and the rosemary, then the baby potatoes.
- Roll the potatoes around in that pot for a few minutes to coat them in the butter/garlic/rosemary mixture.
- Then cook them gently by stirring frequently as they crisp up - a least 7-8 minutes.
- Poke each potato with a sharp knife - pierce the center and then add the stock to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, close the valve, and set the timer for 8 minutes (high/manual).
- Once the pot is done and beeps, allow the pressure to release on it's own, naturally.
- Remove the potatoes and season with salt & pepper.