So for this recipe, you can do it all in the Instant Pot or you can do half of it on the stove. I didn’t have a lot of time so I did the chicken in the Instant Pot and then the filling on my stove top and it cut my prep time down by 40 minutes to 15 minutes. So it is a great to be able to get home, put together and then toss in the oven. On this one I had my sister help me since she is still learning to cook.
Chicken Pot Pie in the Instant Pot
What you need
- 1 lb of chicken
- 1 bag of mixed veggies from frozen aisle
- 1 lb of potatoes
- 16 oz of chicken broth
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg white
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of onion
- salt and pepper
How to make
- Place your chicken in the pressure cooker with the chicken broth
- Let cook for 7 minutes, I used tenders I had on hand.
If breast you will cook for longer.
- While that is pressuring up you can cut up your potatoes and celery. I leave my skin on my potatoes because of the added nutrients it has.
- Place the veggies, potato ALL in BIG pan and mix together.
- I let that cook for about 8 minutes on the stove once that is done so is my chicken. (let naturally release)
- TURN ON YOUR OVEN TO 400 at this time.
- My chicken is SO SO SOFT that it came apart so EASY it was crazy. I placed it in the pot and mixed in.
- Next I placed in the flour and mix into the mixture.
- After mixed in well, you will add 3/4 cup of milk and 3/4 broth.
- It will look think still so add the rest of the 3/4 milk and 3/4 broth
- Now it will look more like the inside of a chicken pot pie.
Last you simply place the mixture into a deep dish pan of your choice and then place the pie crust on top. Then add the the egg white to the top of that. To get the PERFECT top you can simply use your pan upside down first and cut out with that. Now place in the oven for 15-25 minutes depending on how you like the top of your pot pie.