If you are looking for a one-dish meal for the kids (or, even for you!) this is an amazing dinner.
Our kids love this – and paired with a nice crusty bread with butter it’s great for an easy dinner!
We make our own enchilada sauce here at home and freeze it in ball canning jars – but if you don’t want to make your own, you can purchase a can of enchilada sauce in store… the recipe calls for 12 oz (so just under a can.).
Don’t want to have any leftover sauce in the can? Just dump the whole can in – it won’t do the pasta any harm.
- 8 oz pasta (we used gluten-free)
- 1/2 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 C. shredded cheese
- 12 oz enchilada sauce
- 2 C. broth (can be beef, chicken or veggie)
- 2 Tbsp seasoning (taco or any)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Optional: 1/2 C. sour cream
- Optional: black olives
- Brown the meat with the seasoning in your instant pot using the saute function.
- Add the broth, pasta and enchilada sauce to the pot. You want the liquid to just barely coer the pasta - if it doesn't, add a little more broth.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker, close the valve and set the pasta on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- After it beeps, let it release naturally for 3-4 minutes, then quick release the instant pot.
- Stir in the cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: Top with fresh Mexican queso, or black olives. You can also stir in 1/2 C. sour cream if you want to make it a little more creamy.
- Take it a step further and add black beans OR corn to your pasta... and add them in to the pot when you add the pasta.