This is a great meal to make and the have leftovers to freeze for later date. The recipe makes enough for 7-8 people. To make taste amazing you can prep and let sit for at least 12 hours.
Instant Pot Carnitas, click here to repin
- At least a 3lb pork shoulder roast, dice into 2inch pieces1/2 to 1 cup onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ancho or chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, if you only have diced up that is fine use 3 tsp
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups strained fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup strained fresh lime juice
- Dice up your meat, into small squares, then place in a big bowl.
- Mix up in a smaller bowl your oil, salt, cumin, chile powder, and pepper.
- Turn your Instant Pot into warm, then you will put the wet mixture top and sear it till brown on both sides.
- Next place in the onion, garlic, oregano, and cinnamon stick. Also now add orange and lime juices in the pressure cooker.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto high and cook for 70 minutes
- Let the Pressure release natural for 15 minutes.
- Next use tongs and place the pork from the Instant Pot and then place on a cooking sheet.
- Now turn on the oven to broil (high) and let cook for 5 minutes on each side.
For the burrito I made here is how to make.
First you will need to make the tomatillo sauce. I simply followed the recipe that Rebooted Mom made, click here to see how.
Next you will get a burrito sized tortilla and add in your pork, normally I add in about 1/4 to 1/3 of a pound. Then I found in the two sides and then roll up. Next I place in a oven safe dish and add the tomatillos sauce on top with a hand full of cheese. I place in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes. Once done I use my spatula and enjoy. Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, click here to find us.